Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Margarita Tuesday

Happy Mexican Independence Day aka Margarita Tuesday!

Now, for a quick recap on running and working out:

9/08 - Monday - 62 minutes on the treadmill (yes i posted this last time, but i am really really excited about getting in that much time). Final spinal block.

9/09 - Tuesday - got to the gym and stretched out, back still achy from injections so headed out for coffee and and a rainy walk in a nearby park with trainer-Steve. I have really come to cherish some of these times that we spend talking.

9/10 - Wednesday - training session, time to be poked and prodded and measured and weighed (ugh, i so do not enjoy these days). Overall, in the approximate 14/15 weeks I've been working out with trainer-Steve i am down 23 pounds and about 6% in body fat. All-in-all it is a good thing, I know this and I am truly truly pleased, especially considering the back issues I've been dealing with for about 5 weeks...just always wish it was more.

9/11 - Thursday - training session, did a good mix of upper and lower body.

9/12 - Friday - on treadmill for 40 minutes. About 11:30am, Thursday's workout lunges caught up with me big time (major butt-cramps...lol).

9/13 - Saturday - training session, one of the best workouts I've had in a long time, back was feeling great and my legs were still tired from Thursday, but trainer-Steve didn't seem to care (are all personal trainers this sadistic?), walking out of the gym to my car was a challenge.

9/14 - Sunday - skipped gym - walked around the Yankee Peddler with my Mom for about 3 hours.

9/15 - Monday - skipped gym - overslept when power went out overnight.

9/16 - Tuesday - treadmill for 55 minutes.

Now, to deviate from the exercise:
Saturday night went to Blossom with my friend G to see the Montgomery Gentry/Toby Keith concert (which I have been waiting for since April) and it was AWESOME. I stood, danced and sang the entire 3 hours...sorry G hope it wasn't too embarrassing, but if it was you should have joined me! - lol. YeeHaw. Thank you so much for going to all the country concerts with me this summer, I had a blast.

In regards to some previous posts about forgiveness and old friends... as i indicated previously I held some anger towards this person for not being there when my brother and father passed, and their coming back into my life was a challenge I was not certain I was up for. As it turns out, it may have been just what I needed as in the process I was able to find some forgiveness for myself and put some additional closure to the grieving process I am enduring.

Still trying to decide if I'm heading up to Put-in-Bay for an annual trip with friends in two weeks. It's a trip that I have been making for probably 8, maybe 9 or more years with my friend E and her beau R. I really enjoy these trips (sometimes too much -- or at least that's what the pictures seem to reveal, lol), so I hate to pass on it. But I've been watching what I eat and drink and with paying for trainer-Steve (who doesn't come cheap) and keeping my fingers crossed for a possible trip in November to New Orleans, I am not sure about the putting up the money to head to the island this year.... Oh, what to do, what to do...

I have also been kicking around the idea of when I should look for a running group to join, I know I am not ready for that yet since I have just gotten myself barely past the 3-mile mark for running, but I am thinking ahead and trying to set my goals for the fall and winter months. So how far and how fast do I need to go to be able to join a group and not be the one always lagging behind and running alone... Maybe I should make sure my back is going to hold up first?, nah, what fun would that be?...

1 comment:

duchossois said...

A very good week. 62 minutes on the treadmill is worth repeating.

I like the runners club idea. I hope you find a group that meets in your area. I know there is a new group running on Thursday nights called the DOT (Detroit Shoreway, Ohio City, Tremont) running club. If you have a facebook account, they have a group there. Good luck.